Book of Distance Wins Awards!
Exciting to see the VR interactive narrative “The Book of Distance” winning soo many awards!
Stephan Tanguay had the pleasure of working at the National Film Board of Canada with director Randall Okita to produce several rapid prototypes for the Book of Distance virtual reality interactive narrative. Stephan contributed to the design process, ux, interaction design, level design, lighting, vfx and was the lead developer / solution designer. He was also responsible for building a small team of artist and developers to produce an 17 min interactive narrative that helped inform the final experience.
- Winner – Best WorkJAPAN PRIZE – DIGITAL MEDIA DIVISION
- Winner – FWA of the DayTHE FWA AWARDS
- Winner – Golden Fireball AwardKAOHSIUNG FILM FESTIVAL – VR
- Winner – Horizon PrizeFESTIVAL DU NOUVEAU CINÉMA DE MONTRÉAL
- Winner – Best in AnimationVANCOUVER INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL – VIFF IMMERSED EXHIBITION
- Official SelectionSUNDANCE FILM FESTIVAL – NEW FRONTIER (2020)
- Official SelectionTRIBECA FILM FESTIVAL – TRIBECA IMMERSIVE (2020)
- Official SelectionHOT DOCS CANADIAN INTERNATIONAL DOCUMENTARY FESTIVAL – DOCX (2020)
- Official SelectionTRIBECA VIRTUAL ARCADE @ CANNES XR (2020)
- Official SelectionBUCHEON INTERNATIONAL FANTASTIC FILM FESTIVAL (BIFAN) – BEYOND REALITY 2020 EDITION
- Official SelectionVENICE INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL – VENICE VR EXPANDED – 2020 EDITION
- Official SelectionNEW IMAGES FESTIVAL – XR COMPETITION
- Official SelectionOTTAWA INTERNATIONAL ANIMATION FILM FESTIVAL – VR COMPETITION
- IDFA Doc LabOFFICIAL SELECTION – IDFA DOC LAB SPOTLIGHT
- London Film Week -VR ShowcaseOFFICIAL SELECTION